- 1 PROJECT DOCUMENTS
- 1.1 Project folders and documents
- 1.2 Uploading new files
- 1.3 Where can I upload documents
- 1.4 Change of document version in other parts of 4PM (tasks, comments)
- 1.5 Search
- 1.6 Document details
- 1.7 Standard folders
- 1.8 Additional tips & tricks
4PM integrated advanced document management system supports:
- arranged documents in project folders and sub-folders
- easy editing of folder access rights
- advanced search options for the documents (by content, title, date of publication)
- version control and access to documents
- multi-upload of documents
- e-mail notifications of new/changed documents (send a link via e-mail).
More on 4PM Document management system is available here: 4PM Document management system
Project folders and documents
4PM includes several entry points for document up-load. The user selects the one corresponding to his level of rights or needs.
Each project has 4 sub-folders by default settings:
- Tasks - all documents added to task or project comments and description fields.
- Finance - documents added to cost and income entries.
- Portals - documents added to project portal.
- Last changes - last documents added or changed in a folder and its sub-folders (according to user access rights).
- access to folders Tasks, Finance, Portals depends on access rights to corresponding functionalities.
Each folder can have new folders and sub-folders. Sub-folder inherits access rights of parental folder. Access rights can be modified.
The document management system is organized into project folders:
- project groups folders
- folders for each project
- structure of folders and multiple sub-folders for each project.
- folders for each project
- non-project folders - folders that are not related to projects.
- last modified - contains new documents (according to user access rights).
Adding new folder
New folder is created (added):
- Use user groups (project roles) to select more users or
- select individual users.
- If necessary select access rights for other users.
Folder access rights
Each folder can have sub-folders. When you add new sub-folder it inherits access rights of parental folder. Access rights of sub-folder can be modified by project role or by person.
- icon view - user can see documents in the folder
- icon edit - user can edit documents in folder (change version, access to previous versions, meta-data.)
- icon ? - persons have user group rights whit different access groups.
Project role access rights
You can also set project role has access to tab DOCUMENTS.
- files - access to tab DOCUMENTS yes/no
- finance files - upload documents in finance module as attachment
- edit folder - if a person can add new folders
- edit access to folders - if a person can edit folder access rights
- standard folders -
- folder status - adding status to folder - color marks
Uploading new files
- to start upload click the icon .
- select file (from your computer)
- more than 1 file at once can be uploaded (use ctrl or shift).
- Users of Internet Explorer should have installed latest version of Flash plug-in [].
- confirm the selected files
- repeat if necessary.
When you finish the document up-load, you can:
- save uploaded documents or
- send e-mail notification with links to uploaded documents to selected 4PM users.
To see the content of a folder (list of files), click the name of the folder (bold).
Document and e-mail notifications
Once document is up-loaded you can send e-mail notification with direct link to the document. User can open the document by following the link and entering access data to 4PM (user name and password).
E-mail notification can be sent to:
- are members of project team (participants)
- have access to folder with document
- are active users.
4PM automatically selects (narrows) the list of possible recipients.
Where can I upload documents
- tab DOCUMENTS: direct upload to selected folder (use icon [file:10.IkonaDodajDokument.jpg])
- TASKS, MILESTONES, MEETINGS in My 4PM, in Project, lists...
- upload to field description or
- upload to comment (use icon [file:IkonaPriponka.JPG])
- FINANCE - direct upload to folder FINANCE (use icon [file:IkonaPriponka.JPG])
- PORTAL - upload to portal section
- COMMENTS - upload to text file (use icon [file:IkonaPriponka.JPG])
Change of document version in other parts of 4PM (tasks, comments)
- click icon [file:IkonaPriponka.JPG]) to start attaching documents
- in the list of folders find document you would like to change
- click icon [file:2.2.2.ikonaSvincnik.jpg] to start editing file
- select new file to upload
- save the upload SAVE
- attach link [file:4.2.9.ikonaKljukcaZelena.jpg]
Document search is possible in folder and sub-folders.
- enter text in search field
- click icon SEARCH or press ENTER
4PM displays a list of files that contain search text. 4PM displays only files that are in folders a user can see.
- text content (Word, Excel, pdf)
- document name
- key words
- up-load date.
TIP: If you do not know the location (folder) of a file, select the top folder you know and enter search text.
Each document (file) has history details and meta data - icon eye:
- document history - versions - latest on top, accessible to all users, in all links to this document
- document type,
- user that uploaded document,
- upload date,
- document down-loads: who and when,
- key words: use comma to separate,
- text comments (not sent by e-mail),
LOCK: user can temporary lock file for editing (adding new version) MOVE: move file from one folder to another.
How can I check who has accessed my document in 4PM
Find your document:
In a table downloads you'll find list of all downloads.
You can edit standard folders in tab DOCUMENTS / STANDARD FOLDERS
- click + ADD to add standard folder
- enter folder name
- select if this is standard folder for
- all active projects
- only selected project group
- only selected project module
- each standard folder can have sub-folders
Only admin user can edit standard folders. Users cannot rename subfolders, they can add sub-folders and upload documents.